How to Reset Samsung Soundbar – Full Guide
Samsung Soundbar ensures a smooth and perfect sound like you have never experienced before. But like many other electronic devices, you may face some trouble when you use it for a longer period. Knowing how to reset Samsung soundbar will help to solve your problems.
But how will you do that if you don’t have any prior experience resetting the Samsung soundbar? I have gone through this situation, and I also reset my Samsung soundbar by myself. I know how it feels when you cannot use your favorite soundbar when you need it.
In this article, I have covered all the tiny details about how to reset the Samsung soundbar from top to bottom. Follow my article if you need to reset the Samsung soundbar. Stay up to date with me.
Why reset your Samsung soundbar?
There are a bunch of people who prefer to watch movies in their homes rather than in a movie theater. But sitting in your home you might not get the full ambience in a movie theater. Making use of a Samsung soundbar in your home will ensure you have a perfect sound like a movie theater.
Additionally, you can use it to listen to music and play high-volume computer games. But when you use a Samsung soundbar for a certain period, you may face some common issues. The issues are as follows:
- The soundbar might not connect with your TV as well as the subwoofer.
- The soundbar might not play sound when it is paired with any Bluetooth device.
When you face these issues, you may assume your soundbar is damaged. As a result, you need to replace this one, and you might want to purchase a brand new soundbar. But before going to buy a new one, I would suggest you try resetting your favorite soundbar at least once. It may solve the issue, and you may save some of your money.
For a Samsung soundbar, or any type of soundbar for that matter, there are two types of resets you can try. One is a hard reset, and the other is a soft reset. I have included the two reset techniques in brief.
How to soft reset your Samsung soundbar
A soft reset is quite a simple technique. In simple words, I can tell you it is nothing but restarting your sound bar. Moreover, it will not change any configuration of your soundbar.
To solve the Samsung soundbar issue, you may prefer a soft reset, which needs no other tools except the soundbar itself.
What does a soft reset do?
As mentioned earlier, a soft reset basically means restarting your device. So, what is achieved by doing this? When you turn off and then turn on your device, in our case, the Samsung soundbar, the action clears any temporary data and refreshes the system. This might cause you to lose any unsaved data in current use, but the stored data will likely be unaffected.
A soft reset helps resolve minor or temporary software glitches or bugs. When restarting the soundbar, the issue may be resolved, as it allows the device to start fresh. Moreover, a soft reset improves the performance of the soundbar by removing unwanted background processes or memory usage that might have caused slowdown or lagging.
Here’s how to soft reset a Samsung soundbar:
- First, disconnect the soundbar from any power source.
- If it is battery-powered, power off/switch off the soundbar by pressing the power button.
- Then, wait at least half a minute before powering the soundbar back on.
- Test the soundbar to see if it works or not.
Through this approach, you can easily resolve any unexpected or minor problems with your Samsung soundbar.
How to hard reset your Samsung soundbar
In most cases, you can solve Samsung soundbar problems through a soft reset. But in some cases, you cannot solve the issue through a soft reset. In that situation, you may need a hard reset. Here, I am telling you what is a hard reset.
What is a hard reset?
A hard reset is nothing but a factory reset. All of your soundbar data, settings, and Bluetooth-paired device each and everything will be removed in this way. While in the soft reset, you retain your saved data, but in a hard reset, you’ll be losing that data as well. Seems that you will get a new soundbar if you hard reset the Samsung soundbar.
Things to do before resetting the Samsung soundbar to factory settings
Are you determined to hard rest your soundbar? Wait a while. Conduct the below steps if you decide to go for a hard reset.
- Make sure the soundbar has any issues, or it is working fine.
- Turn off the power to complete a power cycle
- Wait some time until it is cool down.
- Then, connect the soundbar to another TV.
- Find out if any faulty wire or power cord remains and immediately replace it with a new one.
- If everything is okay, restart the other gadgets connected to the soundbar.
- If you find any device that has the same frequency (like a medical device), disconnect it.
After following the above steps, if you still notice the soundbar is not working, then try hard reset.
Here’s how to hard reset the Samsung soundbar:
- Turn on your soundbar.
- Press and hold down the power button for 10 to 15 seconds.
- If your device displays, a message will appear once it resets.
- If your soundbar has no display, you will see a blink of a red light, and it will turn off automatically after resetting.
- Now, your soundbar is reset and works through factory defaults.
- You can change the soundbar settings depending on your choice.
- Now, play an audio through the soundbar for testing.
I hope your soundbar is okay now. Enjoy yourself with the Samsung soundbar’s amazing features.
What is the best method to reset a soundbar?
It depends on your soundbar situation. At first, try soft reset as it is easier and quicker than hard reset. If you still have problems with your soundbar, go for a hard reset. Hope your problems will be solved.
How to reset your Samsung soundbar remote?
If it is the remote that is having issues, not the Samsung soundbar, in that case, you can reset the remote too. The Samsung soundbar remote might suffer from unresponsiveness or incorrect functioning. So, resetting the remote might be necessary.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to reset your Samsung soundbar remote and get it back to its default settings.
- Just remove the batteries from the remote.
- Then, press and hold any button in the remote for 20 seconds.
- After that, place the batteries back in.
- And, if you still notice issues, try new batteries.
Why is my soundbar not working?
There might be several reasons for this. For example, you might have a faulty network correction. Another reason might be your settings have some issues to solve. Or the soundbar’s hardware might be malfunctioned. Whatever the reason, you can solve most of the problems by resetting the soundbar.
A smart soundbar might make your movie time more enjoyable as well as entertaining. Samsung soundbar, a high-quality soundbar in your home, might bring out a better experience in your entertainment. As usual with many other electronic devices, you might need to reset your Samsung soundbar.
I have presented how to reset Samsung soundbar in a simple way. Also, I mentioned the two resetting processes, including soft reset and hard reset.
You should try soft reset at first to reset the Samsung soundbar. If it does not work, I suggest you do a hard reset. Unless the soundbar has major problems, you might get a full, fresh soundbar after a hard reset. Rather than replacing it with a new one, a hard reset Samsung soundbar will let you experience the latest soundbar.