How to Change YouTube banner on iPhone and iPad in 2022
If you manage a channel on YouTube, you know that the banner is the first thing someone will see when they see your profile. So having an eye-catching banner image for your YouTube channel is very important. Fortunately, you can manage your YouTube channel with just your smartphone. Here in this guide, we’ll find out how to change YouTube banner on iPhone, iPad, and Android phones.
How to change YouTube banner on iPhone or iPad?
Until recently, you weren’t allowed to change the YouTube banner of your channel from the YouTube application. It didn’t matter whether the app was on your iPhone or any other device. If you had to change your YouTube banner using your iPhone or iPad, you’d have to do it via a browser through the YouTube website. Thankfully, YouTube has lifted its restriction from its application. Now you can also change the banner from your YouTube app. Here in this section, we’ll discuss both methods on how to change YouTube banner on iPhone or iPad.
Also Read: How to Watch YouTube on Apple CarPlay
Steps on how to change YouTube banner on iPhone or iPad using the YouTube app:
- Launch YouTube on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then, in the top-right corner of the page, press the profile symbol to sign in to your account.
- Next, tap on your profile account and select “Your channel”.
- Then tap on the Edit icon under your YouTube channel page.
- After that, tap on the camera icon located for the banner image.
- You’ll now have the option to take a new photo or choose an existing one from your iPhone.
- Once you’ve uploaded a picture for your YouTube banner, tap SAVE.
Steps on how to change the banner on the YouTube channel from iPhone using the Safari browser:
- Launch your iPhone’s Safari web browser. Touch and hold on to the Safari icon and select New Private Tab to open your browser in the private mode.
- On the Safari’s search box, either search for YouTube or enter the address to visit YouTube’s official address.
- Then, in the top-right corner of your screen, press the profile symbol to sign in to your account.
- Next, tap on the AA icon at the address bar on your Safari and then select “Request Desktop Website”. You’ll now view your YouTube page in desktop mode.
- Then tap on your profile icon and select “Your channel”.
- On your YouTube channel page, tap on the “CUSTOMISE CHANNEL” button.
- Next, the browser will give you the option to go to the YouTube Studio app (if you’ve already installed it) and an option to continue with the browser. Choose the continue option.
- Then select the Branding section of your YouTube channel settings.
- Under the Banner image section, tap on “UPLOAD” to take a new picture or choose a photo from your library. Also, you have to remove the existing image to replace it with a new one.
Steps on how to change the banner on the YouTube channel from iPhone using the Chrome browser:
- Open the Chrome browser on your iPhone in Incognito mode.
- Then visit YouTube’s official website.
- With the profile icon located at the top-right of the screen, log in to your account.
- Next, tap on the More (three dots) icon located at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Then select the “Request Desktop Site” options.
- After that, tap on your profile icon and select “Your channel” to access your YouTube channel page.
- Then tap on the “CUSTOMIZE CHANNEL” button.
- The browser then redirects you to Youtube Studio. It prompts you to use the YouTube Studio app or continue using the browser. You should choose to continue with the browser.
- On your YouTube channel settings, select the Branding section.
- Under the Branding section, you’ll find the option for the Banner Image. Tap on “UPLOAD” to take or select a photo. If there is an existing banner image, then you’d need to remove them first before uploading a new one.
How to change YouTube banner on Android phones?
Surprisingly, the methods to change or upload a banner image for your YouTube channel are almost identical to those described above. So if you want to change your YouTube banner image using the YouTube app, follow the instructions mentioned earlier.
It is essential to have a YouTube banner that visually communicates your channel’s message to the target audience. In addition, you should change the banner image whenever you feel the existing ones no longer represent your channel or it has become outdated. So if you’re a YouTuber or want to make a channel, then it is good to know how to change YouTube banner on iPhone or other devices.