How to Play Music from iPhone to Car without Aux or Bluetooth
During journeys in your car, listening to songs will alleviate any boredom you might face and improve your mood. Using your iPhone to listen to your favorite tracks while driving can cause distractions. The best option would’ve been to use your car stereo to play music from your iPhone.
What if you’re driving an older model car that doesn’t have an Aux socket or a Bluetooth connection? How you’re going to jam on your favorite songs from your iPhone in your car? Fortunately for you, we’re going to discuss with you in detail how to play music from iPhone to car without Aux.
Find out how to play music from iPhone to car without Aux or Bluetooth
Suppose you’re in a situation where your car doesn’t have an Aux port or a Bluetooth connection. What else would you do in such a scenario? Do you accept your fate and suffer a joyless and musicless ride? Nope! You wouldn’t, and we won’t let you.
Play your iPhone music in your car without an Aux using an FM Transmitter
One solution to this predicament would be to combine old and new technologies. And this would be in the form of using an FM transmitter device for cars without an Aux or Bluetooth. So what does it do? Almost every car (even the old ones) supports an FM transmitter.
An FM transmitter establishes a Bluetooth connection between the car stereo and your iPhone. Basically, the FM transmitter can be used as a Bluetooth receiver. This FM Transmitter uses the cigarette lighter socket as its power source. With the help of your car stereo’s radio frequency, it creates a Bluetooth signal that your iPhone can use.
We’ll explore how to play your iPhone music on our car with an FM Transmitter in the following sections.
Steps for connecting the FM Transmitter with your Car lighter socket
- First, you should plugin your FM Transmitter to your car’s cigarette lighter socket.
- Then turn on the FM Transmitter and tune it to an unused FM radio frequency (Not used by any radio stations).
- Next, tune your car stereo to the same radio frequency as the FM transmitter. This creates a Bluetooth connection.
- After that, turn on your iPhone’s Bluetooth and play your music.
- You can then hear your soundtrack play on your car speakers.
Play your iPhone music in your car without an Aux using a USB connection
Another option would be to use the USB port on your car. Many vehicle models have a USB port on their stereo section. It would be easier to use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to the car than the FM Transmitter. In addition, you don’t require an additional device to play music from your iPhone to the car.
In addition, a USB port has multiple other benefits than only playing music from your phone to the car. You could use the USB port to charge your iPhone or other compatible devices in your car. Furthermore, you may use it to play music from devices other than your phone, such as a USB stick.
To discover how to connect your iPhone to your car through USB, follow the instructions below.
Here’s how to do it:
- Locate the USB port on your car’s audio system.
- Then connect your iPhone to the car stereo using your USB cable.
- Next, your iPhone will automatically recognize the USB connection with the car.
- Your car stereo will now be set to USB mode. Some cars might require a manual setting.
- Finally, you’ll be able to play your iPhone’s music playlist.
Find out how to play music from iPhone to car without Aux using Apple CarPlay
Apple CarPlay is another option to play music from your iPhone to your car. However, this feature is only supported on select vehicle models and select countries or regions. So, check out first if you can use CarPlay. This system allows the drivers to access some of the apps from their iPhone on the car dashboard. You can primarily use it to accept calls, send or receive texts, navigate the maps, or listen to music.
You can play music from your Apple Music library, Spotify, YouTube Music, or any other music platform from your iPhone. The Apple CardPlay requires either a USB port or Bluetooth on your car to connect with your iPhone.
Steps on how to play music from iPhone to car without Aux using Apple CarPlay:
- Start your vehicle and then go to your car’s dashboard display. You can connect your iPhone with CarPlay using three ways.
- If your car supports a USB port, plug your iPhone’s USB cable to connect to your car’s CarPlay.
- If your car supports wireless and a USB connection, connect your iPhone with your USB cable. After that, a prompt will appear to allow you to connect wirelessly to CarPlay on your next attempts.
- If your car only supports a wireless or Bluetooth connection (No USB connection), press and hold on to the voice command button on your wheel. Make sure your vehicle’s stereo has its Bluetooth mode turned on. After that, visit Settings > General > CarPlay and select your car on your iPhone.
- Then apps from your iPhone appear on your CarPlay dashboard. You can then play music from your Apple Music library, YouTube Music, Spotify, etc.
How to connect phone to car with Bluetooth
If your car speaker supports Bluetooth connectivity, then you can connect your phone to the car to play music from your phone. Here is how to do it.
- First, turn on Bluetooth on your phone and enable the pairing mode.
- Then, launch the pairing mode on your car speaker.
- Now, select your car from the list of available devices on your phone.
- Once connected, you can now enjoy listening to music from your phone through your car speakers.
How to play music from phone to car with aux
Aux input in the car is an auxiliary audio input in the car, which is usually labeled as “AUX” or “Audio In”. If you want to know how to play music from your phone to your car with an aux cable, you need to follow these steps:
- Find the Aux port on your car.
- Connect one end of the aux cable with the headphone jack on your phone.
- Plug the other end of the cable into the car’s aux input port.
- Now, put the car stereo in auxiliary mode.
- Press the aux button on the car and select the aux input.
- Now you can play music from your phone to your stereo.
Here in this comprehensive post, we’ve explained how to play music from iPhone to car without Aux socket. We’ve offered many alternatives for you to jam on your favorite soundtracks. This would include using an FM Transmitter for older cars with no Aux port or Bluetooth connection. Or vehicles that have Bluetooth or USB connection. Hopefully, you’ve found this guide very helpful.