How to Connect Epson Printer to Mac
Let’s learn how to connect Epson printer to Mac. This blog will describe both Wireless and corded pairing processes between the Epson printer and Mac. Go through this content till the end, and you may come across tips and tricks on Epson printers usage.
Also Read: How to Connect Canon Printer to iPhone
Printing documents and images are fast and convenient with an Epson printer. New printer lineups are equipped with Wi-Fi, making the wireless transfer of documents and photos even more, easier from multiple devices to the Epson printers. In this context, let’s focus on how to connect Epson printer to Mac at different conveniences.
How do I connect Epson Printer to my Mac
The connection route between the Epson printer and the Mac can be established in two ways. Either it can be a wired connection or through a wireless pairing. Both corded and wireless connectivity has their own pros and cons. Let’s keep aside the advantages and disadvantages for later discussion. We will now focus on the process of connecting the Epson Printer, both using wires and wirelessly with Mac.
How to add Epson printer to Mac wirelessly
Also Read: How to Change MacBook Login Picture
If you want to pair an Epson printer with your MacBook, there are several steps you have to undertake. But first thing first. Let’s look at the components we need for setting up the Epson printer on Mac through Wi-Fi.
- Wi-Fi compatible Epson printer
- Router to establish Wi-Fi network
How to connect Epson printer to Wi-Fi- A quick step guide
Getting the printer Wi-Fi ready
- Power on the Epson printer
- Long press the WPS button at the back of your Wireless router
- Long press the Wi-Fi button of the printer until the Wi-Fi indicator light blinks
- The light stops blinking and stays still once the Wi-Fi network connection is established
- Long press the Network status button, which will print a sheet with the network name and password
Pairing printer with your MacBook
- Click the Apple icon from the homepage
- From the drop-down menu, click the ‘System Preferences…‘
- You will get a window with grids of functions. Click Printers & Scanners on the second row
- On the Printers & Scanners page, click the ‘+’ icon beneath the box at the left, and you are supposed to see nearby printers available in a drop-down list.
- The Epson printer should be on the list if connected via the same Wi-Fi network
- Click on the Epson printer listed, and it will automatically enlist and connect the printer with your MacBook
Please note that, when attempting to connect the printer to your MacBook using Wi-Fi, make sure both printer and MacBook share the same Wi-Fi network.
Connect Epson printer to Mac using USB cable
If your Epson printer doesn’t have Wi-Fi connectivity, you can still use it with your MacBook using a cable and an external connector dock. Following are the items you need to be available with to connect your MacBook with an Epson printer via cable.
- Epson printer
- A to B cable
- External USB dock
Steps to add Epson printer to Mac with cable
- Install the external USB dock to the Thunderbolt port at the side of the MacBook
- Plugin one end of the cable in the dock of your MacBook and other end at the back of the printer.
- Once connected securely, open System Preferences by clicking the Apple logo from your Mac home page
- Click Printers & Scanners from the grid of functions
- On the new window, scroll out the Epson printer model with ‘Idle, Last used’ in the list at the left
- Now you can print documents or images sent from your Mac using the connected Epson printer
How to print from Mac using Epson printer
After you have solved the mystery of how to connect Epson printer to Mac, the following process is to print a photo or document. You should be used to with the process of sending printing commands from Mac. The procedures are easy to follow. Here is the walkthrough of the steps:
- Open a document you want to print
- Locate File at the top next to Apple icon
- You will get a drop-down menu
- Click the Print option at the end of the drop-down menu
- A new window will pop up that configures all page printing function
- On this window, click the drop-down menu next to the printer
- Select the Epson printer you have paired earlier from the drop-down list
- Tweak through other page settings and formats before printing
- Click Print to initiate the selected page printing
Installing Epson Printer Setup utility for connecting printer to Mac
Installing the Epson printer setup utility on your Mac allows you reliable connectivity. In this last segment of the article, We will include how to connect Epson printer to Mac by implementing the Epson Printer Setup Utility. It is always wise to install it to enjoy a broad spectrum of functions. The steps below give a detailed process of Epson Printer Setup Utility.
- Visit Epson printer’s official website. From there, download the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility app
- Double click on it once downloaded
- Follow the instruction by clicking Continue. You have to accept the Software License Agreement during the utility setup process
- Proceed with the Install process once accepted the License Agreement
- Search and locate Epson printer using the Finder option. Once located, select it
- Select Program & Epson app followed by double-clicking the Epson Connect Printer Setup button
- Continue with the Printer Registration and the Mac will display the “Register a printer to Epson Connect” function
- Proceed with the Epson Connect Printer Setup process after accepting the Terms and Conditions
- At this stage, you need to fill up an “Epson Connect Account” form if you are a new user. If already an existing user, sign in to the account and add your new Epson printer to the Mac.
By now you must have a clear knowledge about how to connect an Epson printer to Mac. To assure you, the new Epson printer is now more powerful and newer models come with wireless connectivity. Therefore, users can enjoy faster and more reliable printing functions on the go.